Thursday, September 1, 2011

One of My Faves

In the writing this prayer, weighing on my heart today is the loss of my sister and other loved ones, the loss of innocence in the world and my personal loss of the sight of Him.  I run to You today Lord....hold me in the palm of Your hand for just one instance and it will be better, all with You.
 
Psalm 4

Answer me when I call to you
Oh my righteous God,
Give me relief from my distress,
Be merciful to me and hear my prayer.

How long, O men, will you
Turn my glory into shame?
How long will you love
Delusions and seek false gods?
But know that the Lord has set
Apart the godly for himself.
The Lord will hear when I call to Him.

In your anger do not sin,
When you are in your beds
Search your hearts and be silent.

Offer right sacrifices and
Trust in the Lord.  

Many are asking
'Who can show us any good?'
Let the light of your face
Shine upon us, Oh Lord,
You have filled my heart with greater joy
Than when their grain and 
New wine abound.

I will lie down and sleep in peace,
For you alone,
Oh Lord, make me dwell in safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment