Saturday, October 22, 2011

Happy Trails....

October 22, 2011
Let's see.... what has gone down this past week? Well I must say quite a bit but the funniest moments have to be the multiple times I bit the dust and, of course, the revenge of the chipmunks.  

I hit the trails this week.  First it was windy Wednesday...  What gives?  It is thought that when the seasons are fighting for change control, the wind whirls like crazy. This week was no exception. Windy, windy, windy...but you all know that this is not going to stop me, especially when it's a beautiful [albeit windy] sunny fall day.  Wednesday evening after just 3 short days of work, I hit Elm Creek Trails on my roadie [road bike that is]. Fell over [on the bike] trying to get out of the hood. Yes, still trying to master how to clip in & out of my bike cleats. OUch, that left a mark.  Hopped on the paths to the outer loop. It felt like I had lead in my quads.  Ugh, 18 miles and barely over 15 mph.  Hmmm...you know, crazy lady no like those results.  Then things got a little weird.  I hit a chipmunk with just over one mile to go.  EWWWWW......Crusty crab crud!!!  I did not look back, so don't bother asking me [a few poor souls did BTW] if I killed him.  Apparently not, by the looks of the sign that was posted the next day on my office window:

Try to run me over now.....punk!
Well, I say game on!

Thursday, another lOVEly day in the great state of MinnEsota...I hit the MTB trail.  Camera in tow.  It was great fun, but again, someone has been riding my Beast [my MTB]...gears changed. Go figure how that makes a difference, but discovering this after I am on task up the steep inclines and fast declines of the MTB trail makes for a not so happy of a mama.  Then count the slippery dry conditions of the trail and BAM! Oh dang, that is really going to leave a mark.  Looking back quickly to assess if anyone witnessed this major side slide wipe out that happened so fast I cannot even begin to tell you what happened.  Great, no witnesses. DID I day I like MTBing??  Uhmm, well, yeah.  I do. Still do.   Even bumped and bruised. I think I have to blame the Beast.  My little sister's bike needs new nubbies[tires]. That is my story and I am sticking with it.  OK, so I did accomplish another full trail ride on the intermediate and collected a few nice pix to boot:



Also wanted to tell you I had a monster sighting. Yup, this chic started on the trail ahead of me with this MTB , monster variety.  UGLiest thing I have ever seen.  Beast is funny looking but those monster MTB's are really not pretty.   Just saying.  I hear they are great for jumping obstacles though. 

Saturday in the park: Today was a short sweet fast spin on Roadie for the short loop.  Speaking with my trainer and bud Jodi, I learned my lead quads are probably due to dehydration. YOu see, I have not been drinking my H20 like I should and again, not getting nearly enough veggies in my day.  SO you now know what my goals for the coming weeks will be.  Buck up on the H2O and the veggies.  But the good thing is I felt the MTB trail in my bumms today when I awoke .  Great! I love it when we work those babies.  Makes this girl happy.
Tomorrow, MTB game on!

No comments:

Post a Comment