Friday, October 14, 2011

Killer Good Day

Today I killed it. That's what my kid would say. I hit the gym early on for my final freebie Velocity class.  Tyler killed us.  Speed and agility...hmmm. Well that is what he said it was but today was all about a 25lb plate and all the different ways you can torture yourself holding onto such an item. Starting with single leg RDL's followed by single leg hops 5yds, alternating legs for 40 yds. Then came the killers.  5-10-15-20-15-10-5.  Then for kicks and grins we headed over to the squat rack for 10 pull ups. This was just to give us a break.  Nice. This went on for 40 mins; various movements between the plate, sprint killers, and pull ups. The last killer comprised of Downs Ups [flying squirrels] at each marker.  That was GREat!!! Thanks Tyler, I can always count on you to ...what was the theme of the day??....oh, yeah..."Kill" us.


Then it was off to the bike shop for a fitting with my new [used] bike!!! Yay!  Travis at Maple Grove Cycle was branded hero of the day.  He took my one size too small bike [yes I have amazon arms and a cheetah looong torso] and adjusted the saddle and stem, gave me new pedals and a bike monitor, and whhaa laaa! She is now a more efficient machine made comfy ride ready.  Can't wait to get out and give her a test spin.  Not so sure the wind is going to allow me to venture out tomorrow tho so I am thinking I will simply hit the single track [mountain bike] trail which should be mostly protected from the wind. This is always a blast and the bonus is it's a great alternative way to burn up my legs.
I am ready to rumble....[errr tumble. Ha!]

No comments:

Post a Comment