Sunday, November 13, 2011

No Grass Growing Under My Toes...

Been getting after some great workouts the past two weeks with Velocity and lifts designed by Jodi.  Power and speed...agility too.  Man I love to run, to move.  Perpetual motion, that be me.  Drives some of my friends nutso, though.  Wondering what my co-workers are going to think when I bring my newly purchased SB to work with me tomorrow.  Might have to devise a door for my cubie so they don't have to watch me bounce all day.  IDK, is that worse than fidgeting all day long? Hmmmm...

So the plan this week is to start into the power classes at the local bike shop with coach extraordinaire, Leah.  Let me tell you I am just a wee bit nervous, but then again, looking forward to learning something new.  At age 47 with life makings its turns, ones I do not like at all lately [more on that later], I am up for anything new and exciting... 
so tomorrow is the big day. PeeWee's big adventure. I will post the gory details ASAP, promise. 

Also starting to make plans for next years races [rubbing hands together].  Have set my eyes on three.  One in June, August and September. One of my peeps at Velocity also talked me into running the Polar Dash on new year's day! [envision my bucket list getting shorter]  Yup, you got that right, in the dead cold of winter. Well what do you expect out of a northern gal like myself.  They make 'em tuffer up here, ya know? [RRRight!] So I headed out to Fleet Farm the other day to pick up my very own Carhartt hat with face mask and snow chains for my shoes.  I think the real name are traction devices or Yaktrak pro's.  Yes, that is it.  Well this is all I got for you today.  Posted on FB, goin' after it!...that I am, I promise.  
Be Well

No comments:

Post a Comment